The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
At Brownsie & Mckenzie Brown Photography, I am committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of visitors to my web site and to my clients.
As part of running Brownsie, I need to gather and use certain information about individuals. These can include clients, suppliers, business contacts, employees and sub-contractors. My data protection policy is designed to:
- Comply with current data protection law and follow good practice
- Be completely open about how I store and processes an individual’s data
- Put in place measures to protect against the risk of data breach
- Protect the rights of any staff, clients, or partners
Brownsie & Mckenzie Brown Photography is owned and managed by Natalie Brown. Natalie Brown has sole responsibility for ensuring Brownsie & Mckenzie Brown Photography is GDPR compliant. Natalie is responsible for:
- Reviewing all data protection procedures and related policies, in line with the GDPR.
- Handling data protection questions from clients and anyone else covered by this policy.
- Dealing with requests from individuals to see the data that Brownsie & Mckenzie Brown Photography holds about them.
- Ensuring all systems, services and equipment used for storing data meet acceptable security standards.
- Performing regular checks or scans to ensure security hardware and software is functioning properly.
- Evaluating any third-party services the company uses/plans to use to store data.
WEBSITE – WHAT DATA DO I COLLECT?
They enable me to:
- Estimate my audience size and usage pattern.
- Speed up your searches.
- Store information about your preferences, thereby allowing me to customise my site according to your individual interests.
- Recognise you when you return to my site.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
When someone visits Brownsie website, I use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard Internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. I do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of my site. Google Analytics records data such as your geographical location, device, Internet browser, operating system and your computer’s IP address. However, this information is processed in a way, which does not identify anyone. I do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
MY WEBSITE & YOUR INFORMATION
This website uses WordPress 4.9.6 Platform. The WordPress core software is GDPR compliant. WordPress.org collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. WordPress records data such as your geographical location, device, Internet browser, operating system and your computer’s IP address. However, this information is processed in a way, which does not personally identify anyone. WordPress does not disclose the identities of individuals to me ever.
Brownsie’s website uses a contact form. This feature asks for your name and email address so that I can respond to your message or enquiry. The information you provide on the contact form goes directly to my email account via Siteground’s secure network (detailed above.) This information is never shared.
If you decide NOT to purchase prints, your personal data (name & email address) will be deleted from my system within a ONE-month period. This is to ensure that should you change your mind, my service will be both personalised to you and efficient (in that you will not have to repeat information.) However, I NEVER disclose this information to any other parties or use your details for any advertising or marketing purposes.
On my blog pages, you are able to leave comments. Leaving a comment on this page will save the following information to my website database:
- Your Comment
- The name and email address you enter with your comment.
- Your computer’s IP address
- The time and date that you submitted the comment
This information is only used to identify you as a genuine contributor so that other visitors to the site and potential customers can see that you are real. In this instance only your name will be visible on the public facing website (although, if the supplied email address is linked to a Gravatar account, your Gravatar photo will also be displayed.)
The aforementioned information is never passed on to anyone. Your comments and associated personal data will remain on my website until I remove it. Should you wish to have your comments and associated personal data deleted, please email me directly at email@example.com
Please note that if you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before posting any comments on my website. It is also prudent to avoid entering any personally identifiable information in the actual comment field.
As part of the registration process for my newsletters, I collect personal information (your name and email address.) I use that information for a couple of reasons:
- I ask for your name so that I can provide a more personalised service to you and to identify my readers and customers.
- I ask for your email address so that I can send you a special offer that you have requested, to tell you about things you’ve asked me to tell you about, to keep you up-to-date on special offers that I have and might be of interest to you and to contact you if I need to obtain or provide additional information. This would be to check that my records are up-to-date and to confirm that you are happy and satisfied with the service.
I don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
I use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver my newsletters. They gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help me monitor and improve my newsletters.
For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice HERE
You can unsubscribe to my newsletters at any time, of the day or night, by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of my emails or by emailing me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if you are under 18, you MUST obtain parental consent in writing before subscribing to my list.
WHAT DATA DO I COLLECT?
On a request to purchase my prints, you will be asked to supply your contact details, including your names, postal addresses, email addresses, contact numbers.
I require this information to ensure I can:
- Provide a personalised and professional service for you at all times.
- Contact you with important information regarding your prints.
- Post out products that you have purchased.
HOW DO I COLLECT THIS INFORMATION?
All personal information is collected via WooCommerce and Paypal processes payment. Your bank details are never shared with me.
HOW LONG DO I STORE YOUR DETAILS?
Invoices (which include your name, email and postal address) are then stored digitally on an external hard-drive that uses encrypted software and password protection for up to 5 years, to comply with HMRC tax and insurance record keeping purposes.
In order to keep your information accurate and up-to-date, I may send you an email requesting that you check and update any information that I hold.
In addition, I may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that I am required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend my legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk.)
- To any person who I reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in my reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
ACCESSING, AMENDING, OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete any personal information that Brownsie & Mckenzie Brown Photography holds about you. To request this, please send an email to email@example.com.
I may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law. You may instruct me not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by sending an email to me. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to my use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or I will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of these marketing communications
Natalie Mckenzie-Brown will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. I will store all the personal information you provide on secure (password and firewall protected) servers and secure external drives (encrypted and password protected.) All electronic transactions you make to, or receive from me, will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Pseudonymisation is a recent requirement of the GDPR, which many web application developers are currently working to fully implement. I am committed to keeping it as a high priority and will implement it on this website as soon as I am able to.
Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and I cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
I will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of my third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
SHORTENED LINKS IN SOCIAL MEDIA
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses]
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the Internet and may be available, via the Internet, around the world. I cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others. You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
MY PROMISE TO YOU
Brownsie & Mckenzie Brown Photography stands by the principles outlined in the GDPR, and as such, ensures that any information held by the organisation is collected, used, and stored securely, and for specific reasons. No information I hold about you is shared, sold, or rented and is accessible by you upon request. If you would like access to your information, please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
POLICY DOCUMENTATION UPDATES
This document was updated on the 24th May 2018. This policy is reviewed annually, unless circumstances (or the law) change in the interim time period. Please note that you will not be explicitly informed of any changes, but they will be made freely available on my website, so please check the page periodically, so you can be confident and satisfied with my processes.
If there’s anything here that isn’t clear, then don’t hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com for more information.